This is a full-time position in the CK-12 Palo Alto, California office and includes a competitive benefits package. Applicant must be authorized to work in the US for any employer.
The CK-12 Foundation is looking for a tech-minded individual for our AI-based education products which aim to scale learning and teaching. The main focus of this position is to help launch AI-based products from the content perspective – primarily related to data gathering and content curation for our AI algorithms and models. The first project that this person will be working on is our AI chatbot for students and teachers.
The CK-12 Foundation provides free access to content and technology tools that empower students as well as teachers to go further than ever before.
To achieve this ambitious vision, we at CK-12 are challenging traditional models of education to transform them dramatically. Technology has opened up lots of opportunities to revolutionize education for the benefit of students, teachers and parents.
Not only is CK-12 a non-profit, it also doesn’t charge for any resources. Backed by Vinod Khosla, a renowned technology venture capitalist, the CK-12 Foundation has merged free, quality, and technology innovation allowing us to experiment with big and bold ideas.
CK-12 employees experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, innovative, and non-bureaucratic environment where cool things and big ideas happen daily. We are a small group of passionate folks who are determined to disrupt the current form of education. Coming from companies such as Apple, eBay, Amazon, McGraw-Hill, and various startups, CK-12 employees have the experience to significantly change education around the world.
We deeply believe technology is the key to scale education and it is the backbone of our learning platform. Using machine learning and artificial intelligence, CK-12 develops rich and interactive personalized content. Check out how CK-12 is making an impact in teaching and learning – CK-12 User Testimonials.
Would you like to be part of a committed and creative group of people who care deeply and believe in the mission of the organization? Are you a great technologist who will challenge the status quo? Are you willing to forge new pathways of learning that best meet each students’ needs? Together, we will change the world!
- Review and curate questions asked by students from all over the world (current focus is on middle and high school science, with future projects involving math)
- Provide succinct answers to the students’ questions
- Tag questions and answers with appropriate metadata
- Provide valuable feedback and insights from teacher and student perspectives to build a world-class AI-driven student tutor
- Digital teaching experience in math and science domains for middle and/or high school
- Experience in digital learning product usage and/or development
- Work full-time onsite in the CK-12 Palo Alto office
- Go-Getter Attitude!
- Ability to write, review, and edit content for both teacher and student audiences
- Ability to find accurate answers to student questions efficiently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic, inquisitive, passionate, committed, strong research and problem solving skills, proactive, and meticulous attention to detail
- Comfort with Analytics a plus
- Product and goal driven
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter that specifically addresses your previous success at a technology company. Email email@example.com with “AI Content Specialist” in the subject line.