At CK12, our mission is not only noble, but it’s also very ambitious. We want to give every child on earth equal and meaningful access to Education. As a CK12 Foundation Backend Engineer, you will work closely with data scientists and engineers to build our data infrastructure. You will help to define and champion the data products that CK12 will use to provide a better learning experience to the students, parents, and teachers in our community.
You will participate in the complete software development lifecycle using Agile methodologies. If you are a passionate backend engineer who loves being challenged, takes ownership and pride in your work, and can chart your own course, then join a team full of talented engineers!
What you’ll be doing
- Design, maintain, and monitor infrastructure for data products
- Design and develop RESTful APIs for the data infrastructure
- Design, implement and drive adoption of new analytic technologies and solutions
- Work closely with data scientists, engineers to gather requirements and develop solutions
- 3-5 years of development experience with Java, Scala, and/or Python
- Experience with writing and executing queries on RDBMS and NoSQL databases. We are not looking for a DBA.
- Experience in virtualization technologies and deployment frameworks (Vagrant, Docker, Fabric, Ansible,etc)
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience)
- Experience with the Berkeley Data Analytics Stack (Spark, SparkSQL, Spark Streaming)
- Experience with Storm, Hadoop, Kafka
- Experience with Cascading, Summingbird
- Experience with NoSQL and SQL data modeling
- Experience with AWS EC2, Redshift, RDS, S3, Elastic MapReduce
- Experience with business intelligence (BI) platforms like Tableau, Pentaho, Looker