At CK-12, our mission is not only noble, but its also very ambitious. We want to give every child on earth equal and meaningful access to Education.
We are looking for a front-end engineer who is ready, eager and capable of pushing the envelope of front-end technology. We create experiences that are very simple yet quite functional, rich yet highly performant (very light in terms of data bandwidth, CPU / memory / battery usage etc), works great on all new devices – from 27 inch monitor to a 4 inch phone, highly responsive not only in the US but in all the continents, available on browser and as well as an app in the app stores.
One of the critical piece of our offering is marrying great content with a great presentation! Interactive content that really uses the power of digital is our route. With that in mind, we are also pushing the possibilities in new areas such as simulations and highly interactive objects. All these offering needs to be fully customizable and highly usable by non-tech users.
If you are looking for a place to make high impact, join CK-12 in its mission.
- Understands and researches different front-end frameworks
- Passion for creating great user experience that are simple and intuitive
- Implements solution keeping in mind the user experience, multi-devices, performance across devices and bandwidths to provide intuitive user experiences on multiple devices
- Ability to work in an Agile environment with rapid iterations
- Creates detailed designs from high level designs and review designs of other team members
- A Code Craftsman that follows best software development and coding practices delivering understandable and maintainable code with thorough unit tests coverage
- Expert knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, design and development.
- Hands on experience with modern front-end frameworks like React, Backbone, AngularJS.
- In depth knowledge of browser internals and architecture.
- Experience with responsive web design and frameworks (Foundation/Bootstrap) and delivering functionality that works with range of client devices/browsers from desktops and laptops to mobile platforms.
- Experience with UI design patterns, security, performance and usability.
- Familiar with advanced concepts such as promises, service workers, web workers and module bundlers/loaders like Webpack, RequireJS.
- Familiar with standard development tools like version control systems (Subversion/Git), build tools like Grunt, Gulp, Bower.
- At least 3 years of experience
- Bachelors or masters degree in computer science or equivalent
- Working experience with ES6 and front-end tooling using Node & NPM.
- Experience with Open Source Technologies and web application servers: Linux, Apache, MySQL.
- Experience in a driven, distributed and agile development environment.
- Experience with web application frameworks like Pylons/Django/Ruby On Rails.
Must be a US citizen or Green Card holder