The CK-12 Foundation provides free access to content and technology tools that empower students as well as teachers to go further than ever before.
To achieve this ambitious vision, we at CK-12 are challenging traditional models of education to transform them dramatically. Technology has opened up lots of opportunities to revolutionize education for the benefit of students, teachers, and parents.
Not only is CK-12 a non-profit, but it also doesn’t charge for any resources. Backed by Vinod Khosla, a renowned technology venture capitalist, the CK-12 Foundation has merged free, quality, and technology innovation allowing us to experiment with big and bold ideas.
CK-12 employees experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, innovative, and non-bureaucratic environment where cool things and big ideas happen daily. We are a small group of passionate folks who are determined to disrupt the current form of education. Coming from companies such as Apple, eBay, Amazon, McGraw-Hill, and various startups, CK-12 employees have the experience to significantly change education around the world.
We deeply believe technology is the key to scale education and it is the backbone of our learning platform. Using machine learning and artificial intelligence, CK-12 develops rich and interactive personalized content. Check out how CK-12 is making an impact in teaching and learning – CK-12 User Testimonials.
Would you like to be part of a committed and creative group of people who care deeply and believe in the mission of the organization? Are you a great technologist who will challenge the status quo? Are you willing to forge new pathways of learning that best meet each students’ needs? Together, we will change the world!
CK-12 Foundation (www.ck12.org) is looking for a UX designer who is passionate about creating high-quality, educational software products for students and teachers around the world.
As a UX / UI designer, you will craft engaging experiences with a UX team based in Palo Alto. You will drive the CK-12 organization towards continued design excellence with a focus on creating effective interfaces and interactions that resonate with both students and teachers.
Our designers are hands-on producers of their own work in a fast-paced, agile working environment. Be able to handle the complex interactions and rulesets of application design with confidence.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Leverage personas, analytics, and user testing to inform your design work
- Understand the breadth and depth of the CK-12 product lines and competitive landscape
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, sitemaps, and wireframes
- Develop UI mockups and build prototypes that clearly illustrate how a feature set will function for both desktop and mobile web
- Proficient in Sketch, Adobe XD, Principle, or similar
- Effectively communicate the story of the feature/ product with designs and prototypes to stakeholders; then repeat with each iteration
- Effectively hand off specs and interactive prototypes for development
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to ask the right questions to get to the root of user pain points
- Conceptualize user experiences based on a solid understanding of user and organization needs
- Translate a complex set of products and features into an elegant, intuitive workflow
- Knowledge of the latest industry trends in technology and design
- Iterate designs quickly on ideas that are still in the process of being defined
- Collaborate closely with developers product leads to construct the best user experience with an understanding of any technical constraints
- Present your work to stakeholders, product owners, and developers, with the ability to extract constructive feedback
- 3+ years of professional experience in UX
- Minimum bachelors degree
In addition to your resume, a link to your online portfolio is required. No remote work or relocation provided. Must be able to interview locally.
Applicant must be authorized to work in the US for any employer.
Send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com