Applicant must be authorized to work in the US for any employer.
Are you really good at chemistry? Are you excited by the potential of technology to change the way students learn? At CK-12 this is our driving passion–to leverage the rapidly evolving field of AI and transform the way students across the globe learn. With 50 million users each year, we are poised to make a giant impact, but we are only as good as our content–and that’s where you come in.
If you have a passion for chemistry and for improving student outcomes through AI-driven technology, come join us and together we can change the world!
This is a full-time position in the CK-12 Palo Alto, California office, and includes a great benefits package.
The CK-12 Foundation provides free access to content and technology tools that empower students as well as teachers to go further than ever before.
To achieve this ambitious vision, we at CK-12 are challenging traditional models of education to transform them dramatically. Technology has opened up lots of opportunities to revolutionize education for the benefit of students, teachers, and parents.
Not only is CK-12 a non-profit, it also doesn’t charge for any resources. Backed by Vinod Khosla, a renowned technology venture capitalist, the CK-12 Foundation has merged free, quality, and technology innovation allowing us to experiment with big and bold ideas.
CK-12 employees experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, innovative, and non-bureaucratic environment where cool things and big ideas happen daily. We are a small group of passionate folks who are determined to disrupt the current form of education. Coming from companies such as Apple, eBay, Amazon, McGraw-Hill, Magoosh, and various startups, CK-12 employees have the experience to significantly change education around the world.
We deeply believe technology is the key to scale education and it is the backbone of our learning platform. Using machine learning and artificial intelligence, CK-12 develops rich and interactive personalized content. Check out how CK-12 is making an impact in teaching and learning – CK-12 User Testimonials.
Would you like to be part of a committed and creative group of people who care deeply and believe in the mission of the organization? Are you willing to forge new pathways of learning that best meet each students’ needs? Together, we will revolutionize the way students learn!
- Lead a team of mission-driven stakeholders including content creators, developers, contractors, and interns using innovative approaches
- Lead content curation for AI products by collaborating with the machine learning team
- Create and leverage existing content for new products that will provide personalized learning pathways in Chemistry
- Optimize current Chemistry products as part of CK-12’s push to develop a state-of-the-art learning platform
- Grow Chemistry product market share through an understanding of competitive landscape
- Leverage strong understanding of student study habits/patterns to improve retention for Chemistry product
- Subject Matter Expert in Gr. 6-12 chemistry
- Work full-time in the CK-12 Palo Alto office
- 5 years minimum content creation experience
- High School teaching/tutoring experience a strong plus
- A strong understanding of how content and product overlap
- Please share details of your teaching and digital content creation experience in your cover letter
- Ability to write, review, and edit content for both teacher and student audiences
- Deep understanding of student knowledge acquisition and engagement
- Digital assessment authoring experience
- Creative ideas for developing digital interactives to learn chemistry
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams
- Conceptual understanding of AI/machine learning and openness to learning AI/ML methodology (this role does not require formal training in AI/ML)
- Product and goal-driven
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter that specifically addresses your previous success at a technology company. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Chemistry Content Specialist” in the subject line.