CK-12’s mission is to provide access to open-source content and state of the art technology tools that empower students and teachers to experiment with different learning styles, resources, levels of competence, and circumstances.
To achieve this noble and ambitious vision, we at CK-12 are challenging the traditional model of education to transform it dramatically. Technology has opened up lots of opportunities to revolutionize education for the benefit of students, teachers, and parents.
We have chosen to be non-profit so that we can effectively realize our mission and so that we can do the right thing! It also provides us the ability to experiment with big and bold ideas. CK-12 is backed by Vinod Khosla, a renowned technology venture capitalist.
At CK-12, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, innovative, and non-bureaucratic environment. You will get a lot of cool things done, more than you ever imagined! We are a small group of passionate folks who are determined to disrupt the current form of education. We came together from companies such as Apple, eBay, Amazon, McGraw-Hill, and startups.
Technology is key to scale education and we deeply believe in it. Come develop great solutions on our cloud-based (AWS) AI-first platform delivering rich and interactive content.
Does our mission, people and technologies excite you? If the answer is YES! and you are a great technologist who will challenge the status-quo (no order takers please!) by innovating, please come join us! Together, we will change the world!
Check out how CK-12 is making an impact in teaching and learning – CK-12 User Testimonials.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You take great pride in being the eyes and ears of our users.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a solution.
- You like to know the intricacies of platform features and business rules and the rationale behind those.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from developers, DevOps, content, marketing, and subject domain experts.
- You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- You find value in participating in the intricacies of the business value proposition, market research, user behaviors, and the latest trends as it pertains to testing in achieving business goals.
What You Will Be Doing
- Manual and automation testing on our responsive web applications.
- Mentoring and managing day-to-day operations an offshore QA team.
- Be an integral part of the agile product development team and facilitate and manage releases.
- Developing and maintaining test documentation including test plans and test cases; and triage software defects daily.
- Working with delivery deadlines.
- Creating reports to keep stakeholders informed of key testing metrics.
- Creating procedures to help facilitate testing an application at scale.
- Innovate practices in the testing of AI-based applications.
What You Need for this Position
More than 8 years of experience and knowledge of:
- Deep understanding of consumer based products, user behavior, analytics and organizations priorities and roadmap.
- Automated Testing with Selenium/Java or other open source automation frameworks – iOS & Android web testing
- Automated infrastructure such as zalenium, crossbrowsertesting.io etc.
- The following testing methodologies:
- Manual Testing
- White Box Testing
- Security Testing
- Regression Testing
- Load Testing
- Compatibility Testing (cross browser)
- Experience with bug tracking tools like Bugzilla, Github Issues
- Practical bug triaging and prioritization, with active participation in the agile development process, including release management.
- Understanding of web site performance measurement and optimization.
- Startup experience
- API testing experience
- Experience with Education Technology
- Experience with high traffic web applications
Please note this is a full-time position based out of our Palo Alto office. US citizens or Permanent Residents only.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org