Applicant must be authorized to work in the US for any employer.
The CK-12 Foundation is looking for a creative individual with a background in science assessment writing. This position’s focus is to help CK-12 offer a platform and state-of-the-art resources to make CK-12 a household name. This is a contract position.
This position will have a main project of making CK-12’s Adaptive Practice the most advanced and cutting-edge system available to students and teachers. As the CK-12 platform evolves and improves, the questions offered through CK-12 Practice need to match current standards and approaches to create the best tools to improve student learning.
- BS/BA in sciences (biology, chemistry, earth science, physics, or similar) or science education, with an emphasis on chemistry preferred
- 3-5 years working in digital content and/or EdTech
- 1-2 years assessment writing experience
- Teaching/Tutoring experience a strong plus
- Experience working with quantitative measurements to improve assessment items through an item analysis a strong plus
- Strong science knowledge in biology, chemistry, earth science and/or physics (preferably a combination of domains)
- Digital assessment authoring experience
- Creative and innovative approaches to assessing science knowledge and skills
- Strong work ethic, inquisitive, passionate, committed, strong research and problem solving skills, proactive, and detail oriented
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technology skills, including Google applications, math equation editors such as MathJax/LaTex, and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Science Assessment Writer” in the subject line.