CK-12 Foundation is recruiting authors to write and revise content and assessment to be used as part of an online, interactive textbook for high school chemistry and physical science courses. The task may include writing mini-lessons, articles, and chapters.
Projects and Responsibilities
- Produce high-quality content that optimized for a digital learning platform
- Write chapters and mini-lessons for different chemistry topics
- Write assessment questions that provide insightful feedback to users
- Review and revise content to ensure that it meets the required learning objectives
- Ensure that all deadlines and content quality goals are met
- Engage in the highest standard of writing and editing for all content, by:
- Ensuring the integrity of your work
- Proofreading for accuracy and expression
- Consistent use of course terminology and author voice
- Openness to giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Implementation of revisions in a timely manner
What we are looking for:
- Deep content knowledge in chemistry or associated content areas
- Superior writing skills; able to produce clear, engaging, and concise text
- Writing demonstrates integrity and attention to detail
- Must be able to translate science concepts and learning objectives into engaging and relatable content for an adolescent audience.
- Strong technology skills including Google applications and math editors; able to quickly learn new technologies
- Possess excellent research skills
- Understanding of NGSS standards
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with designers, peers, and technologists
- Ability to perform careful, detail-oriented work under time constraints
- Passion in creating free and accessible resources for science education
- Minimum Education: BS/BA in chemistry, science education, or a related field
- Experience writing and/or copy-editing text or curriculum.
- Experience teaching secondary or higher education preferred
How to Apply:
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “CK-12 Chemistry Author” in the subject line. Please include samples of written work.