Applicant must be authorized to work in the US for any employer.
Hey, your science rockstars! Want to come change the world with us? We have a team from all parts of academia and the technology sectors that are revolutionizing education. What will you bring to our team?
The CK-12 Foundation is looking for a content expert who can help build technology that supports student learning. This position’s focus is to help CK-12 offer an AI-backed tutoring service on a platform with state-of-the-art resources that will make CK-12 a household name.
The CK-12 Foundation provides free access to content and technology tools that empower students as well as teachers to go further than ever before.
To achieve this ambitious vision, we at CK-12 are challenging traditional models of education to transform them dramatically. Technology has opened up lots of opportunities to revolutionize education for the benefit of students, teachers, and parents.
Not only is CK-12 a non-profit, but it also doesn’t charge for any resources. Backed by Vinod Khosla, a renowned technology venture capitalist, the CK-12 Foundation has merged free, quality, and technology innovation allowing us to experiment with big and bold ideas.
CK-12 employees experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, innovative, and non-bureaucratic environment where cool things and big ideas happen daily. We are a small group of passionate folks who are determined to disrupt the current form of education. Coming from companies such as Apple, eBay, Amazon, McGraw-Hill, and various startups, CK-12 employees have the experience to significantly change education around the world.
We deeply believe technology is the key to scale education and it is the backbone of our learning platform. Using machine learning and artificial intelligence, CK-12 develops rich and interactive personalized content. Check out how CK-12 is making an impact on teaching and learning – CK-12 User Testimonials.
Would you like to be part of a committed and creative group of people who care deeply and believe in the mission of the organization? Are you a great technologist who will challenge the status quo? Are you willing to forge new pathways of learning that best meet each students’ needs? Together, we will change the world!
- Support student learning by answering questions that arise while users interact with the subject material.
- Build virtual communities for users to find answers to questions and discuss relevant topics in a safe learning-centric environment.
- Improve digital tutor products by providing content expertise to supplement the current knowledge base.
- Must have or be working towards a degree in one of these areas: Biology, Life Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, or similar science subject area.
- Work during the US school day.
- 1-year minimum experience in user support or tutoring role.
- High School Teaching experience is a strong plus.
- This is an hourly role. You must be able to commit to ~20 hours a week.
- Ability to write, review, and edit content for student audiences
- Strong work ethic, inquisitive, passionate, committed, strong research and problem-solving skills, proactive, and meticulous attention to detail
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Product and goal-driven
- Passion for learning and helping others learn.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter that specifically addresses your previous success at a technology company. Email to email@example.com with “Content Support Specialist” in the subject line.