CK-12 is looking for a successful and experienced Digital Marketing Specialist to support the CTO and CEO in the development and implementation of digital marketing strategies. The digital marketing specialist plays a meaningful role in a wide variety of online marketing activities designed to help the company achieve its goals. This is an Individual Contributor role that reports directly to the CTO and CEO.
The CK-12 Foundation provides free access to content and technology tools that empower students as well as teachers to go further than ever before.
To achieve this ambitious vision, we at CK-12 are challenging traditional models of education to transform them dramatically. Technology has opened up lots of opportunities to revolutionize education for the benefit of students, teachers and parents.
Not only is CK-12 a non-profit, it also doesn’t charge for any resources. Backed by Vinod Khosla, a renowned technology venture capitalist, the CK-12 Foundation has merged free, quality, and technology innovation allowing us to experiment with big and bold ideas.
CK-12 employees experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, innovative, and non-bureaucratic environment where cool things and big ideas happen daily. We are a small group of passionate folks who are determined to disrupt the current form of education. Coming from companies such as Apple, eBay, Amazon, McGraw-Hill, and various startups, CK-12 employees have the experience to significantly change education around the world.
We deeply believe technology is the key to scale education and it is the backbone of our learning platform. Using machine learning and artificial intelligence, CK-12 develops rich and interactive personalized content. Check out how CK-12 is making an impact in teaching and learning – CK-12 User Testimonials.
Would you like to be part of a committed and creative group of people who care deeply and believe in the mission of the organization? Are you a great technologist who will challenge the status quo? Are you willing to forge new pathways of learning that best meet each students’ needs? Together, we will change the world!
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Use a deep understanding of CK-12 products and users to grow engagement and usage
- Create a strong positioning of CK-12 within the competitive landscape of the EdTech industry.
- Email marketing for all new products, content, partnership related, success stories, and event-based announcements; eventually leading into personalized social media emails
- Social media marketing across all channels and platforms through content management and production (Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- SEM/PPC optimization in Google analytics towards new subscribers in different regions at the right time of year with a deep understanding of the demographics and segmentation. Promoting benefits and product features.
- Manage and grow existing partnerships (software: Google, Edmodo, etc.) and formation of new partnerships and co-marketing efforts
- Successfully communicate how CK-12’s resources address standards outlined in Common Core, NGSS, and internationally.
- Minimum 5 years of marketing experience in startup/midsize company
- At least 3 years experience working for an edtech company
- Proven experience in experimenting with different marketing channels to find effective ones
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics and Ads, MailChimp, iContact, all social media platforms, data driven marketing
- Copywriting experience, such as in emails, blogs, posts, newsletters, etc.
- Experience creating or at least updating basic image files
- A record of conversion success
Requirements for Employment:
- Applicant must be authorized to work in the US for any employer.
- Applicant must be able to work full-time at the Palo Alto, California office.
- Applicant also must clear a background check.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter that specifically addresses your previous success at a technology company. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Marketing Specialist” in the subject line.