CK-12’s mission is to provide free access to open-source content and technology tools that empower students as well as teachers to enhance and experiment with different learning styles, resources, levels of competence, and circumstances.
To achieve this noble and ambitious vision, we at CK-12 are challenging the traditional model of education to transform it dramatically. Technology has opened up lots of opportunities to revolutionize education for the benefit of students, teachers, and parents.
We have chosen to be non-profit so that we can effectively realize our mission and so that we can do the right thing! It also provides us the ability to experiment with big and bold ideas. CK-12 is backed by Vinod Khosla, a renowned technology venture capitalist.
At CK-12, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, innovative and non-bureaucratic environment where you will get a lot of cool things done than you ever imagined! We are a small group of passionate folks who are determined to disrupt the current form of education. We came together from companies such as Apple, eBay, Amazon, McGraw-Hill, and startups.
Technology is key to scale education and we deeply believe in it. Come develop great solutions on our cloud-based (AWS) AI-first platform delivering rich and interactive content.
Does our mission, people and technologies excite you? If the answer is YES! and you are a great technologist who will challenge status-quo (no order takers please!) by innovating, please come join us! Together, we will change the world!
- Analyze textual content and apply NLP to build
- Question and Answering System
- Natural Language Generation
- Content Summarization
- Learning Chatbot
- ML Assisted Grading System
- Extract and analyze large volumes of data deeply to understand and deduce a wide range of information about CK-12 students, teachers based on their usage history
- Apply Machine learning algorithms to
- Discover patterns in usage
- Predict users behavior
- Identify student knowledge gaps and misconceptions
- Extract knowledge from CK-12 content using deep learning
- Envision, experiment, build (or discard), and deliver ML products that can disrupt the Edtech space
- Have fun while driving innovation through ML by challenging the status quo in education and learning and providing creative ML-based solutions
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science or equivalent) or equivalent work experience
- Hands-on developer with 3+ years of experience and excellent programming skills (Python is a strong plus)
- 3+ years of experience in NLP
- Experience with recent developments in Deep Learning-based NLP
- Experience with a combination of the following:
- Question Answering
- Knowledge Graph
- Dialog Systems/Conversational systems
- Machine Translation
- Natural Language Generation
- Text Summarization
- Experience in building scalable production services
- Skills: Python, TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Able to translate high-level directions and open-ended questions into practical projects and lead/drive their completion with minimal supervision
- Envision what ML can do for education
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your resume to email@example.com with “Machine Learning Engineer (NLP)” in the subject line.
- It is a full-time position at our office in Palo Alto, CA (no telecommuting)
- The applicant must be authorized to work in the US for any employer