CK-12 Foundation’s vision is to provide tools that can help increase student learning through engagement and to provide universal access to learning and learning content, irrespective of educational resources available for a student or region.
To achieve this noble and ambitious vision, we at CK-12 are challenging the traditional model of education to transform it dramatically. Technology has opened up lots of opportunities to revolutionize education for the benefit of students, teachers, and parents.
We have chosen to be non-profit so that we can effectively realize our mission and so that we can do the right thing! It also provides us the ability to experiment with big and bold ideas. CK-12 is backed by Vinod Khosla, a renowned technology venture capitalist.
Does our mission, people and technologies excite you? Data Analytics is a key part of providing customized solutions for our users needs. Do you want to revolutionize the way teachers teach and students learn with free access to highly engaging experiences, anytime and anywhere? If the answer is YES! and you are a great technologist who will challenge status-quo (no order takers please!) by innovating, please come join us! Together, we will change the world!
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
As a CK-12 Foundation Senior Software Engineer, you will work closely with the stakeholders, developers, and QA to deliver next-generation educational products. You will be responsible for proposing product ideas, technical solutions, and plan the product trajectory. This position requires an excellent blend of technical expertise and user-focused product development.
- Take ownership of a product or feature set including ideation, design, development, deployment, and enhancements.
- Estimate the effort required for such new initiatives/enhancements and plan the phases while proactively identifying risk and issues along with their mitigation.
- Sets milestones and ensures that deliverables are on time with high quality keeping an eye on time to market.
- Lead a team of off-shore and on-site developers to deliver on the milestones
- Work with Product Managers and stakeholders to analyze/refine requirements, conduct feasibility, recommend the best solution to a problem, bring innovation to the product offering.
- Work with Content SMEs to explain the system requirements.
- Work with QA and DevOps team to ensure smooth testing and deployment.
- Basic understanding of search engine indexing, canonical URLs, page scores, and various page-level meta-data.
- Great problem solving and time management abilities.
- Ability to wear multiple hats and manage multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the entire system/sub-system from the front end to the back end.
- Passionate about innovation and student learning.
- Bachelors or higher degree in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science or equivalent).
- Hands-on software development experience for 7+ years.
- Experience leading small to medium technical teams across time zones.
- Experience with popular open-source web development platforms and architectures.
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Strong understanding of web site performance and ability to analyze, predict and address complex performance issues.
- Experience with Internet-scale web deployments.
- Experience working with education products
- Interest in educational research and experience with AI systems, and recent developments in AI and ML
Submit your resume to email@example.com with “Senior Software Engineer” in the subject line.
- This is a full-time position at our offices in Palo Alto, CA. (No telecommuting)
- The applicant must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer