CK-12 Foundation (www.ck12.org) is looking for a UX designer who is passionate about creating high-quality, educational software products for students and teachers around the world.
As a designer, you will craft engaging experiences with a UX team based in Palo Alto. You will drive the CK-12 organization towards continued design excellence with a focus on creating captivating visuals and interactions that resonate to our customers.
Our designers are hands-on producers of their own work in a fast-paced, Agile working environment. Be able to handle the complex interactions and rulesets of application design with confidence.
In addition to your resume, please do provide us with a link to your online portfolio. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered. You will also need to have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Send your information to email@example.com with “UX Designer” in the email title.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Conceptualize user experiences based on a solid understanding of user and organization needs.
- Strong visual design skills.
- Create and design interfaces for mobile and desktop using responsive design methodology.
- Translate conceptual designs into delightful user interfaces.
- Design and develop elegant solutions to complex workflows.
- Create deliverables such as high-fidelity Photoshop mock-ups, illustrator output (e.g. icons), prototypes using our style guide, creating design specs and other supporting design assets.
- Develop wireframes, behavioral specifications and personas.
- Ability to code in HTML5, CSS3 is a BIG PLUS.
- Knowledge of latest industry trends in technology and design.
- Iterate designs quickly on ideas that are still in the process of being defined.
- Collaborate closely with developers to construct the best user experience with an understanding of any technical constraints.
- Present your work to stakeholders, product owners, and developers, and manage and extract constructive feedback.
- Leverage analytics and user testing to inform our design work.
- Experience with information architecture and interaction design is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in UX.
- Minimum bachelors degree.