Applicant must be authorized to work in the US for any employer.
Hey, you rockstars in chemistry! Want to come change the world with us? We have a team from all parts of academia and the technology sectors that is revolutionizing education. What will you bring to our team?
The CK-12 Foundation is looking for a creative chemistry content manager to scale learning and science education. This position’s focus is to help CK-12 offer a platform and state-of-the-art resources to make CK-12 a household name. This is a full-time position in the CK-12 Palo Alto, California office, when COVID safe, and includes a competitive benefits package.
The CK-12 Foundation provides free access to content and technology tools that empower students as well as teachers to go further than ever before.
To achieve this ambitious vision, we at CK-12 are challenging traditional models of education to transform them dramatically. Technology has opened up lots of opportunities to revolutionize education for the benefit of students, teachers and parents.
Not only is CK-12 a non-profit, it also doesn’t charge for any resources. Backed by Vinod Khosla, a renowned technology venture capitalist, the CK-12 Foundation has merged free, quality, and technology innovation allowing us to experiment with big and bold ideas.
CK-12 employees experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, innovative, and non-bureaucratic environment where cool things and big ideas happen daily. We are a small group of passionate folks who are determined to disrupt the current form of education. Coming from companies such as Apple, eBay, Amazon, McGraw-Hill, and various startups, CK-12 employees have the experience to significantly change education around the world.
We deeply believe technology is the key to scale education and it is the backbone of our learning platform. Using machine learning and artificial intelligence, CK-12 develops rich and interactive personalized content. Check out how CK-12 is making an impact in teaching and learning – CK-12 User Testimonials.
Would you like to be part of a committed and creative group of people who care deeply and believe in the mission of the organization? Are you a great technologist who will challenge the status quo? Are you willing to forge new pathways of learning that best meet each students’ needs? Together, we will change the world!
- Optimize current chemistry products including FlexBooks, adaptive practice, concepts, and learning objectives as CK-12 continues to develop a state of the art learning platform.
- Leverage CK-12 foundation content for new products providing personalized learning pathways to address each student’s needs and experience in chemistry by way of AI/ML backed systems.
- Subject Matter Expert in Gr. 6-12 chemistry
- 3 years digital education experience
- 5 years minimum content creation experience
- Preferred AI/ML content curation in education experience
- High School teaching/tutoring experience a strong plus
- Preferably work full-time in the CK-12 Palo Alto office (when COVID safe), but a remote position is available
- Deep understanding of student knowledge acquisition and engagement
- Scaffolded digital assessment authoring experience
- Creative ideas for developing digital interactives to learn chemistry
- Data driven content development and an understanding of educational data analysis a strong plus
- Strong work ethic, inquisitive, passionate, committed, strong research and problem solving skills, proactive, and meticulous attention to detail
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams
- Product and goal driven
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter that specifically addresses your previous success at a technology company. Email to email@example.com with “Chemistry Content Manager” in the subject line.