CK-12’s mission is to provide free access to open-source content and technology tools that empower students as well as teachers to enhance and experiment with different learning styles, resources, levels of competence, and circumstances.
To achieve this noble and ambitious vision, we at CK-12 are challenging the traditional model of education to transform it dramatically. Technology has opened up lots of opportunities to revolutionize education for the benefit of students, teachers, and parents.
We have chosen to be non-profit so that we can effectively realize our mission and so that we can do the right thing! It also provides us the ability to experiment with big and bold ideas. CK-12 is backed by Vinod Khosla, a renowned technology venture capitalist.
At CK-12, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, innovative and non-bureaucratic environment where you will get a lot of cool things done than you ever imagined! We are a small group of passionate folks who are determined to disrupt the current form of education. We came together from companies such as Apple, eBay, Amazon, McGraw-Hill, and startups.
Does our mission, people and technologies excite you? If the answer is YES! and you are a great technologist who will challenge status-quo (no order takers please!) by innovating, please come join us! Together, we will change the world!
Check out how CK-12 is making an impact in teaching and learning – CK-12 User Testimonials
- Apply Machine Learning and Deep Learning algorithms to:
- To pick the next question in our adaptive practice based on an objective
- Identify student knowledge gaps and misconceptions
- Build recommender systems
- Extract knowledge from CK-12 content using deep learning
- Analyze latent features in Machine Learning models
- Discover patterns in usage
- Predict users behavior
- Extract and analyze a large volume of data deeply to understand and deduce a wide range of information about CK-12 students, teachers and their usage history
- Anticipate user’s needs based on their past actions, collaborative filters and other data analytics techniques to create highly engaging experiences that increase usage (for new and repeat users) of CK-12.
- Provide technical expertise in statistical analysis, mathematical modeling, data mining/machine learning
- Envision, experiment, build (or discard), and deliver ML products that can disrupt the EdTech space
- Have fun while driving innovation through ML by challenging the status quo in education and learning and providing creative ML-based solutions
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science or equivalent) or equivalent work experience
- Hands-on developer with 3+ years of experience and excellent programming skills (Python is a strong plus)
- 3+ years of experience in one or more Machine Learning or Deep Learning applications:
- Recommender Systems
- Predictive Modelling
- Computer Vision
- Search Ranking
- Experience with recent developments in Deep Learning
- Machine Learning domain knowledge – Decision Trees & Random Trees, SVMs, Bias & Variance, Learning rates trade-offs, Bayesian models
- Experience in building scalable production services
- Skills: Python, TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet
- Able to translate high-level directions and open-ended questions into practical projects and lead/drive their completion with minimal supervision
- Envision what ML can do for education
- Experience in Reinforcement Learning
- Experience with NLP
- This is a full-time position at our offices in Palo Alto, CA. (No telecommuting)
- The applicant must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer