CK-12’s mission is to provide free access to open-source content and technology tools that empower students as well as teachers to enhance and experiment with different learning styles, resources, levels of competence, and circumstances.
To achieve this noble and ambitious vision, we at CK-12 are challenging the traditional model of education to transform it dramatically. Technology has opened up lots of opportunities to revolutionize education for the benefit of students, teachers, and parents.
We have chosen to be non-profit so that we can effectively realize our mission and so that we can do the right thing! It also provides us the ability to experiment with big and bold ideas. CK-12 is backed by Vinod Khosla, a renowned technology venture capitalist.
At CK-12, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, innovative, and non-bureaucratic environment where you will get a lot of cool things done than you ever imagined! We are a small group of passionate folks who are determined to disrupt the current form of education. We came together from companies such as Apple, Microsoft, eBay, Amazon, McGraw-Hill, and startups.
Technology is key to scale education and we deeply believe in it. Come develop great solutions on our cloud-based (AWS) AI-first platform delivering rich and interactive content. Do our mission, people, and technologies excite you? If the answer is YES! and you are a great technologist who will challenge status-quo (no order takers please!) by innovating, please come join us! Together, we will change the world!
Check out how CK-12 is making an impact in teaching and learning – CK-12 User Testimonials
- Master’s or higher degree in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science or equivalent) or equivalent work experience
- Hands-on developer (preferably in Python)
- Experience in working on NLP projects covering various tasks ranging from parsing, POS tagging, Named Entity Extraction, Information Retrieval
- Experience with recent developments in Deep Learning (Transformer based models like BERT, BART, T5, GPT-2, GPT-3)
- Ability to compare and contrast different machine learning models for specific tasks
- Ability to run and benchmark different machine learning models
- Adept at problem-solving using both textbook methods and out-of-the-box approaches
- Experience working with ML platforms and libraries (Pytorch, Tensorflow)
- Experience with one or more of the following – Question Answering, Knowledge Graph, Dialog Systems/Conversational systems, Machine Translation, Natural Language Generation, Text Summarization, Visual Question Answering
- Build a machine learning model for Named Entity Recognition for middle school and high school subjects
- Help build a dialogue based student tutor powered by ML algorithms
ML Engineer interns are mentored 1:1 by experienced ML & AI Researchers and Engineers. Additionally, they get to work on webscale data in the EdTech space and get exposure to running the models on leading cloud providers.
We are located in Palo Alto, in the heart of Silicon Valley but internships are fully remote, can start any time of the year, and typically last 12 weeks, though we are always open to collaboration beyond the internship.
- The applicant must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer