Applicant must be authorized to work in the US for any employer.
The CK-12 Foundation is looking for a creative individual with a background in math assessment writing. This position’s focus is to help CK-12 offer a platform and state-of-the-art resources to make CK-12 a household name. This is a contract position.
This position will have a primary project of making CK-12’s Adaptive Practice the most advanced and cutting-edge system available to students and teachers. As the CK-12 platform evolves and improves, the questions offered through CK-12 Practice need to match current standards and approaches to create the best tools to improve student learning.
- BS/BA in sciences (math, physics or similar) or math education
- 3-5 years working in digital content and/or EdTech
- 1-2 years assessment writing experience – particularly formative assessment
- Strong Plus:
- Teaching and/or tutoring experience
- Digital assessment authoring experience
- Understanding of item analysis and/or distractor analysis
- Strong math and/or applied math knowledge in algebra, geometry, probability and statistics, and related sciences such as physics or chemistry (preferably a combination of domains)
- Experience creating and evaluating diagnostic questions to improve student and assessment item performance
- Creative and innovative approaches to assessing math knowledge and skills
- Strong work ethic, inquisitive, passionate, committed, strong research and problem-solving skills, proactive, with attention to detail
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technology skills, including Google applications, math equation editors such as MathJax/LaTex, and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Math Assessment Writer” in the subject line.