Applicant must be authorized to work in the US for any employer.
The CK-12 Foundation is looking for a creative content producer with a background in science education and creating technology to scale learning. This position’s focus is to help CK-12 offer a platform and state-of-the-art resources to make CK-12 a household name. This is a full-time position in the CK-12 Palo Alto, California office as a Science Content Specialist on the Content Team and includes a competitive benefits package.
This position will contribute to a number of projects targeted towards content creation, QA, review, maintenance, and NGSS integration. As the CK-12 platform evolves and improves, the content offered through CK-12 needs to match current standards and approaches to create the best tools to improve student learning. This position will include developing and improving all modalities of learning such as lessons, adaptive practice, videos, interactives, and real-world applications.
- Familiarity with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) framework and curricula
- Ability to write, review, and edit content for both teacher and student audiences
- Digital assessment authoring experience
- Strong work ethic, inquisitive, passionate, committed, strong research and problem solving skills, proactive, and meticulous attention to detail
- Experience in working with interdisciplinary teams
- Product and goal driven
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technology skills, including Google applications, Edraw for chemistry equations, math equation editors such as MathJax/LaTex, and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Science teaching or tutoring experience
- EdTech experience a plus
- Spanish literacy preferred
- BS/BA in science or science education
- NGSS experience
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Science Content Specialist” in the subject line.