As a CK-12 Foundation Senior Software Engineer, you will work closely with the stakeholders, developers, and QA to deliver next generation educational products. You will be responsible for proposing and evaluating technical solutions to challenging problems and plan the product iterations and releases. This position requires an excellent blend of technical expertise and user-focused product development.
- Take ownership of a feature set including ideation, design, development, deployment, and enhancements
- Estimate the effort required for such new initiatives/enhancements and plan the phases while proactively identifying and mitigating risk and issues.
- Set milestones and ensure that deliverables are on time with high quality keeping an eye on time to market
- Work with a team of off-shore and on-site developers and designers to deliver on the milestones
- Be a hands on developer and take on responsibility for key components of the system
- Work with Product Managers and stakeholders to analyze/refine requirements, conduct feasibility, recommend the best solution to a problem, bring innovation to the product offering.
- Work with QA and DevOps team to ensure smooth testing and deployment of features and subsequent enhancements.
- Monitor search engine indexing of relevant web pages, canonical urls, page scores, and various page-level meta-data.
- Identify and solve problems smartly and efficiently.
- Wear multiple hats and manage multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- Be passionate about innovation and student learning.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science or equivalent).
- Hands on server-side software development experience for 5+ years – expertise in Python is a major plus.
- Strong expertise in building solid web-based, consumer-facing, scalable products with popular server-side technologies. eg: Python, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, etc.
- Experience with popular open source web development platforms and architectures.
- Strong understanding of web site performance and ability to analyze, predict, and address complex performance issues.
- Experience with Internet-scale cloud deployments with popular cloud providers (AWS preferred).
- Experience working with small teams across time zones.
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Experience working with education products
- Interest in educational research and experience with AI systems, and recent developments in AI and ML
Submit your resume to email@example.com with “Senior Software Engineer – Backend” in the subject line.
- This is a full-time position at our offices in Palo Alto, CA. (No telecommuting)
- The applicant must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer.